With 13 000 hectares, the national forest of Retz is made for walks and hikes. Close by, the old white stones of castles, abbeys, churches and village houses : a whole region
located at the heart of French History.
- The Cistercian heritage and abbeys of Vauclair, Igny, Chaalis and Ourscamp are close by...
- The literary heritage and the "Authors' route": Jean Racine, Alexandre Dumas, Paul Claudel and Jean de La Fontaine were born in our region...
A few treasures and marvels of Valois-Soissonnais and the surrounding areas :
Close to the hotel :
- Longpont Abbey
- Nature walks and trails in the Retz forest
- The Château de Montgobert, elegant residence of XVIII century
- The Donjon de Septmonts, former residence of Soissons bishops
- The Ourcq Canal, tow path and river walks
- Town of Ferté Milon, home of Jean Racine
- Town of Villers-Cotterêts, home of Alexandre Dumas
- Town of Soissons, cathedral, Saint-Jean-des-Vignes abbey...
- Town of Pierrefonds and its chateau
Not far away :
- Town of Château-Thierry, home of Jean de La Fontaine
- Town of Fère-en-Tardenois, home of Paul Claudel
- The ruins of the Vauclair Abbey
- The Dragon's Cave
- The Chemin des Dames ("Ladies' Way")
- La Vallée de l'Automne
- The Blérancourt chateau and museum
- Vieils-Maison gardens
- Vineyards of the "Champagne Route"
Get to know more about our region on the Internet !
- Aisne : www.evasion-aisne.com, and www.randonner.fr
- Picardy : www.picardietourisme.com